Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ministry Report: New Life Christian Church - Youth Ministry

I want to thank youth pastors Felipe and Gricelda Carrillo, and also New Life Christian Church, for having me over last week on Wednesday night to minister to their youth. The Lord moved mightily last night! The Spirit immediately began to move as Donia led worship for the first time!

 
The Lord is going to perfect that gift in her. The heavens opened up as this babe-in-Christ worshiped from her heart and led us into the throne room of God.
 
 
It really blessed me to see the youth quickly enter into worship. Midway I saw the cloud of God's glory begin to descend on the group and I heard the Spirit say to have Donia continue worshiping as He had me anoint everyone with oil and break off the stress and chaos of the school year.  Before I could say anything, Gricelda went to the front and encouraged them to press in because the Lord was present and wanted to do something! I shared the Lord had just revealed the same to me. We began anointing everyone with oil and breaking off stress and chaos from the school year as the Lord had instructed. It was amazing to see the difference in them afterward.

It has been a year since I was last there to speak to them. I remember many of them and it was great to see them still in church. I encouraged them to stay plugged in and to not allow themselves to be influenced by people who are not walking with God. Using a couple of examples out of the Bible and a dream someone shared with me, I taught them how they will be blessed when they are obedient to follow God's commandments, honor their fathers and mothers, as well as the spiritual authorities in their lives. God promises to bless and favor them. I also shared examples of what happens when we are disobedient to not follow God's commandments to honor fathers and mothers. It does not go well for us. They were very receptive at heart. Some I could see from the platform were being convicted. God was revealing Himself in a very real and personal way....through His unconditional love.

There were many prophetic words that went forth bringing physical and emotional healing, direction and impartation!




 

I want to encourage you to invest time in the youth, not only in your church, but the youth in your sphere of influence. Today the youth are portrayed through the media as being very violent and rebellious. I would be foolish to say that there is an element of truth to that, but what the media does not report is all the good that is being done by the youth today. May you feel you are not good with youth because you do not think you can relate to them. Let me share a couple of scriptures with you.

Luke 12:11-12 Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.

Luke 21:13-14 Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist.

If the Spirit of God was able to give disciples wisdom and words so powerful so that the powers that be of that day could not contradict nor resist them. Then the Spirit can give you words of wisdom and love so unconditional that the youth of today will not be able to contradict nor resist them. Amen? Don't shy away from our youth today. Reach out to them and you will find they will respond and reach back to you.

The youth didn't let me leave without laying hands on me and asking God to bless me. They are on fire for God.


They have been taught well by their youth pastors Felipe and Gricelda Carrillo. I have known them for about year now and they love the youth as their own. They work hard to invest time quality in the youth of their church, teaching them how to walk with God and to provide activities outside of the church as well. I honor them and all youth pastors in the body of Christ. It is not an easy calling to fulfill today.

 
Samuel,
 
Smashing Pillars...raising sons