Sunday, April 12, 2015

Outreach - Ignite Ivy Retreat, Boston, Massachusetts

Originally posted February 6, 2015


In 2010, Jerry and Judy Ball of Breaker of Dawn Ministries International, prayed with students at Harvard Square. An amazing testimony has unfolded since then, and this amazing story of a new move of the Spirit in the hearts of college students across America continues to unfold, and is growing every year.
I had the opportunity to witness this in a very personal setting this weekend in Boston, Massachusetts at the Ignite Ivy Retreat 2015. In attendance, were student leaders and young professionals from Harvard, Yale, Princeton and other Ivy League Schools. The weekend was a time for prayer and intercession, to worship and to hear from the Lord together. Many intercessors were on hand to pray with the students and to cover them in intercession. My dear friend, Janice Sturkie, is a friend of Jerry and Judy. They asked her to attend the retreat and Janice asked me to pray about attending too. This all took place a couple of days before the event and the Lord worked it all out. Before I knew it, boom, I was in Boston, on assignment from the Lord!
 
I met the most amazing on-fire students from all parts of the world, and almost immediately bonded with them. We fellowshipped, ate, worshipped and prayed together all weekend. I joined faith with the intercessors to pray for these students. I quickly saw the same Spirit of revival being birthed in their hearts that I am witnessing being birthed in the hearts of the inmates at the Wallace Pack Prison Unit in Navasota, Texas. I brought a piece of their hearts back to Houston, Texas with me. The last memory I have of Boston is Judy Ball standing at the top of the stairs in the townhouse where the meetings were held. She said I was family now and welcomed to all the Ignite Ivy events. The students affectionately call them Papa Jerry and Mama Judy and it is no wonder. They have layed down their lives for them as intercessors and more. I look forward to seeing them and the students again in Shreveport, Lousiana this July.
 
I wanted to share this with you to know that God is moving across America. From the Ivy League Colleges to the School of Hard Knocks Prison Units, the Spirit of revival is being birthed in the hearts of believers, igniting and bonding them together, an army unto the Lord. This sleeping giant is being awakened once again. Hallelujah!
 
Please remember to intercede for these students in the colleges and prisons. Give the Lord no rest concerning them and their families. They are the armies of the Lord being trained and equipped for a final endtime harvest.
 
For more information about Jerry and Judy Ball and Ignite Ivy, visit their website at http://www.breakerofdawn.com/.
 
Enjoy the pictures and thanks for supporting Smashing Pillars International.
 
Samuel